SC Thrive provides South Carolinians innovative and efficient access to quality of life resources using technology and collaboration with organizations in your community that you know and trust.
With SC Thrive you can apply for:
- Medicaid Healthy Connections Medicaid provides low-cost healthcare coverage to many families with limited incomes. There is no deadline to apply. Click here to learn more.
- Medically Indigent Assistance Program (MIAP) MIAP helps low-income residents of South Carolina with inpatient hospitalization procedures. Click here to learn more.
- Welvista Welvista is an SC Thrive nonprofit Partner that provides prescription drugs to qualifying individuals without healthcare coverage. Click here to learn more.
- Medicare Rx Extra Help Medicare Rx Extra Help, also known as the Low Income Subsidy (LIS), helps cover Medicare Part D prescription drug costs. Click here to learn more.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) SNAP is commonly referred to as Food Stamps. SNAP is a federal program that helps families supplement the cost of groceries. Click here to learn more.
- South Carolina State & Federal Taxes Taxes can be completed via SC Thrive in a fast, simple, no cost way. Use the Self-Serve option or find an SC Thrive Tax Site near you for Counselor assistance. Click here to learn more.
- Military & Veterans Benefits With SC Thrive, you can request records like DD-214s, apply for housing and education benefits and transfer education benefits to a spouse or dependent. SC Thrive can help simplify this application process and help Veterans and Military Members make the best possible choices for themselves and their families. Click here to learn more.
- Social Security Income (SSI) SSI provides monthly payments to people who have limited income, are 65 or older, are totally or partially blind or have a condition that keeps them from working. The condition must last at least a year or result in death. Click here to learn more.
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) SSDI pays benefits to people who cannot work because they have a medical condition that is expected to last at least one year or result in death. Social Security Administration (SSA) examines the severity of the medical condition and the applicant's work history to confirm the applicant has worked long enough under Social Security. Click here to learn more.
- Family Independence (FI) Family Independence, also known as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), provides monetary assistance to families in South Carolina for limited periods of time. Click here to learn more.
- Voter Registration Voter Registrations can be completed with SC Thrive. Click on the QuickCheck link at the top of the page to see if you may qualify.
- Call our Contact Center at 800.726.8774! We're here to answer all your questions and to help you apply over the phone Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.