SC Thrive provides South Carolinians innovative and efficient access to quality of life resources using technology and collaboration with organizations in your community that you know and trust.
With SC Thrive you can apply for:
- COVID-19 Rental Assistance Program This program is designed to provide emergency rental assistance to South Carolinians whose incomes have been effected by the COVID-19 crisis. Applicants must meet income eligibility requirements and be behind on their rent, among other requirements. Eligible households will receive assistance of up to $1,500 for rent in a one-time, lumpsum payment made directly to property owners or management companies. Click here to learn more.
- Medicaid Healthy Connections Medicaid provides low-cost healthcare coverage to many families with limited incomes. There is no deadline to apply. Click here to learn more.
- Medically Indigent Assistance Program (MIAP) MIAP helps low-income residents of South Carolina with inpatient hospitalization procedures. Click here to learn more.
- Welvista Welvista is an SC Thrive nonprofit Partner that provides prescription drugs to qualifying individuals without healthcare coverage. Click here to learn more.
- Medicare Rx Extra Help Medicare Rx Extra Help, also known as the Low Income Subsidy (LIS), helps cover Medicare Part D prescription drug costs. Click here to learn more.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) SNAP is commonly referred to as Food Stamps. SNAP is a federal program that helps families supplement the cost of groceries. Click here to learn more.
- South Carolina State & Federal Taxes Taxes can be completed via SC Thrive in a fast, simple, no cost way. Use the Self-Serve option or find an SC Thrive Tax Site near you for Counselor assistance. Click here to learn more.
- Military & Veterans Benefits With SC Thrive, you can request records like DD-214s, apply for housing and education benefits and transfer education benefits to a spouse or dependent. SC Thrive can help simplify this application process and help Veterans and Military Members make the best possible choices for themselves and their families. Click here to learn more.
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) TANF, also known as Family Independence (FI), provides monetary assistance to families in South Carolina for limited periods of time. Click here to learn more.
- Voter Registration Voter Registrations can be completed with SC Thrive. Click on the QuickCheck link at the top of the page to see if you may qualify.
- Call our Contact Center at 800.726.8774! We're here to answer all your questions and to help you apply over the phone Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.