SC Thrive provides South Carolinians innovative and efficient access to quality of life resources using technology and collaboration with organizations in your community that you know and trust.
With SC Thrive you can apply for:
- Medicaid Healthy Connections Medicaid provides low-cost healthcare coverage to many families with limited incomes. There is no deadline to apply. Click here to learn more.
- Medically Indigent Assistance Program (MIAP) MIAP helps low-income residents of South Carolina with inpatient hospitalization procedures. Click here to learn more.
- Welvista Welvista is an SC Thrive nonprofit Partner that provides prescription drugs to qualifying individuals without healthcare coverage. Click here to learn more.
- Medicare Rx Extra Help Medicare Rx Extra Help, also known as the Low Income Subsidy (LIS), helps cover Medicare Part D prescription drug costs. Click here to learn more.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) SNAP is commonly referred to as Food Stamps. SNAP is a federal program that helps families supplement the cost of groceries. Click here to learn more.
- South Carolina State & Federal Taxes Taxes can be completed via SC Thrive in a fast, simple, no cost way. Use the Self-Serve option or find an SC Thrive Tax Site near you for Counselor assistance. Click here to learn more.
- Military & Veterans Benefits With SC Thrive, you can request records like DD-214s, apply for housing and education benefits and transfer education benefits to a spouse or dependent. SC Thrive can help simplify this application process and help Veterans and Military Members make the best possible choices for themselves and their families. Click here to learn more.
- Social Security Income (SSI) SSI provides monthly payments to people who have limited income, are 65 or older, are totally or partially blind or have a condition that keeps them from working. The condition must last at least a year or result in death. Click here to learn more.
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) SSDI pays benefits to people who cannot work because they have a medical condition that is expected to last at least one year or result in death. Social Security Administration (SSA) examines the severity of the medical condition and the applicant's work history to confirm the applicant has worked long enough under Social Security. Click here to learn more.
- Family Independence (FI) Family Independence, also known as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), provides monetary assistance to families in South Carolina for limited periods of time. Click here to learn more.
- Voter Registration Voter Registrations can be completed with SC Thrive. Click on the QuickCheck link at the top of the page to see if you may qualify.
- What is The Benefit Bank of South Carolina? The Benefit Bank of South Carolina (TBB-SC), a program of SC Thrive, is an online application completion tool. Using TBB-SC, you and your family can apply for work supports, file your taxes, access Military and Veterans benefits and so much more!
- What's a QuickCheck? A QuickCheck is an eligibility calculator. By answering a few questions, you can see if you and your family are likely eligible for work supports that can help you move from crisis to self-sustainability!
- What's a Site Locator? Wanting to apply for any of these needed resources? SC Thrive Partner Sites are located at food banks, churches, schools and other community benefit organizations and agencies throughout South Carolina. These Partner Sites can help apply for the work supports listed above. You can use our Site Locator to find an SC Thrive Partner Site near you!
- What's Self-Serve? Know how to use a computer? Want to file your taxes, apply for Military & Veteran benefits or register to vote? You can access The Benefit Bank of South Carolina's Self-Serve option to utilize TBB-SC yourself!