SC Thrive Executive Director, Tricia Richardson, has been named to a search committee for the new South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (SCDHHS) Director.
On March 30, Governor Henry McMaster announced Christian L. Soura’s resignation as Director of SCDHHS. Soura has been in the position since 2014 and is leaving effective April 7, 2017. Deputy Director of Health Programs, Deidra Singleton, will serve as acting Director until a permanent replacement is selected.
With the departure of Soura, Governor McMaster has appointed a group of state healthcare leaders to a search committee entrusted with guiding him to SCDHHS’s next Director. The members of this group include:
- Senator Thomas Alexander, Chairman of the Health and Human Services Subcommittee of the Senate Finance Committee
- Representative Murrell Smith, Chairman of the Healthcare Subcommittee of the House Ways and Means Committee
- Thornton Kirby, President and CEO of the South Carolina Hospital Association
- Jim Ritchie, Executive Director of the South Carolina Alliance of Health Plans
- Tricia Richardson, Executive Director of SC Thrive
See the release from SC DHHS HERE.