Do you need help to support your family?

You can apply for the following benefits with a Thrive Hub Counselor:

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families

Temporary assistance for Needy Families (TANF), helps families with children who have low-income in South Carolina meet their basic needs by providing cash assistance, employment training, placement, and other supportive services. A caseworker will work with your family to design a plan to work towards stability within 24 months.

Apply by calling 800.726.8774.

Senior Couple Using Tablet Computer At Outdoor Café

Voter Registration

If you aren’t registered to vote, or need to update your information so you’re registered in the correct city, county, and precinct.

Refugee Cash Assistance

This program provides refugees who have low income with cash payments and other services for the initial eight months of entry into the United States. This program is offered through the South Carolina Department of Social Services.

SC Birth Certificate Replacement

Request a birth certificate replacement for you or your family members if you were born in the state of South Carolina. DHEC does charge a fee for the replacement of a birth certificate. 

Social Security Card Replacement

Apply for a replacement Social Security card for free through the Social Security Administration.