5 Free Tech Recommendations Focused on Millennials and Mental Health
Money. Work. Family. Health. Millennials report the highest stress levels of any generation. We aren’t just talking about the whippersnapper up the street; we are referring to anyone born between 1982 and 2004. Mental health problems are growing. Chances are good that you know a millennial. We challenge you to give clients, neighbors, congregations and friends one of the following free technological resources and empower them to let their mental health thrive!
- What’s My M3? Know someone showing signs of major depression, bipolar, anxiety disorders or PTSD? We all know that reporting symptoms to doctors based on memory is sketchy. Well now you can recommend What’s My M3? for anyone to track their mood and symptoms and their impact on life. If your responses throw a red flag, it’ll prompt you to immediately call your doctor or direct you to the National Suicide Prevention Line (1-800-273-TALK). How easy is that?! Click HERE to learn more!
- Crisis Text Line Face it, you can’t be there 24/7. Good news: a Crisis Counselor can! Simply text HELLO to 741741. Whether a young adult feels depressed, anxious or overwhelmed, they can easily access support from anywhere. It’s free and confidential. Pick up the phone without being afraid! The Crisis Text Line is here for everyone.
- SAM: Self-Help for Anxiety Management App Self-help makes the world go round… but really! SAM has 25 self-help options to help users cope with the physical and mental symptoms of anxiety. Users can create a personalized anxiety toolkit, adding their favorite features for easy access. Users can also access regulated chat rooms and anonymously share their experiences with other SAM users! Now that’s awesome! Click HERE to download this app!
- MindShift App Help millennials find balance. The MindShift app provides basic skills to manage symptoms ranging from specific anxiety disorders to individual symptoms. The skills target physical, emotional, cognitive and behavioral manifestations of anxiety. So let’s prepare our millennials for the ride ahead. Change the approach; change a life. Click HERE to learn more!
- 2-1-1 Speaking of life… who do you call when you need resources? 2-1-1! Whether you need addiction rehabilitation resources, mental health support groups, employment, education opportunities or housing options, 2-1-1 can get you connected 24/7. Don’t let life’s circumstance hold you back any longer; call today!
Whether you’re a Millennial looking for your own resources or a concerned friend, family member, coworker or neighbor, we hope these resources focused on millennials and mental health will be helpful to you.